Monday, November 5, 2012

Ghostly Fiction






For this project, I decided to do the fiction aspect in camera, and avoid using Photoshop. I also wanted to do at least one assignment that featured my kids. The result was this collection of ghostly images of my 3 kids.

This project could also be utilized in a shutter speed assignment. By using a shutter speed range 2.5 seconds, up to 10 seconds, and by giving instructions to my kids, I was able to give the impression of an apparition-like appearance to my kids. These were taken in my new apartment, as we were unpacking and putting things away.

This was probably one of the more difficult assignments, because it involved a lot of trial and error. Some turned out great, while others showed either nothing, or solid people.

2 comments:

  1. The second photo is neat because the kids' right halves are less "ghostly" than their left sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent technical experimentation! To me, this project is all about time, which becomes even more poignant because you are photographing your children, people who are growing and changing rapidly.

    ReplyDelete